Wednesday, April 20, 2016


A short video on youtube of the Three Generations of Hmong Writing on Freedom and Democracy Reading Session at the Split This Rock 2016 National Poetry Festival, held on Saturday, April 16, 2016. Here is the beginning of one of my new poems, The Bright Light for Courage in the Darkest Night, about working on my grandfather Touby Lyfoung's book of letters. Both the book of Letters and my new poetry manuscript should be available in the near future. Thank you to Split This Rock for selecting my proposal for this session and giving this space and time to share my latest work and my family's writing through three generations. My first reading in 8 years: I can tell I am rusty, both in my public reading and my ease to read aloud in English, my second language-my accent is thicker! I will need to brush up on my public reading skills. :)Split This Rock reading, April 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment